Well, that was a nice break! I've had a great week, hanging out with the kids and trying to do a few things around the house.
1. I worked in my woefully weed-infested cutting garden,which is providing me with TONS of flowers this year - even the Alaska Shasta Daisy that gave me one lone bloom last year is outdoing itself. My house is full of sunny little flower arrangements. So fun!
2. Went to a few softball games, swim practices, a football camp, and this, our first-ever swim meet. Does her face not say it all?
3. I did whatever it took to keep a certain person with stitches in her head from thinking about the fact that she couldn't swim until the stitches came out (Today! Yea!). Only bummer is, now the doctor says to wait until Monday! Guess I'll break out the craft bucket again.
Paint (play-doh, glue, etc.) all over my kitchen would be better than the preschoolers' version of "Jail," which they came up with all on their own. I guess they do have everything they could ever need there, including germs...
And I tried to do some maintenance on my blog:
1. I'm trying to clean up my sidebar, but I'm having issues with it. I probably spent MORE time on my blog than if I'd just been...blogging!. Sheesh. All that for that polished, professional look, and, well, you can't even tell I did anything. Dratted html.
2. I've been debating the whole pseudonym thing. Again. Now that I've been at this over a year, I'm pretty tired of calling my kids by their ages. So impersonal. So blah. Not to mention, last year, my FOURTH child was four. This year my FIFTH child will turn four. When I look back on this "journal" some day, I will have NO IDEA who I was talking about (with the exception of our lone boy - he's got quite a nice little gig going here).
I refuse to call my kids Super Girl or Spidey, or other pet names (Please do not take offense if you refer to your little ones with sweet little names. It's just not me.). So that's out. Everyone does something different, and I really thought after this much time I'd have more of a conviction. But alas, I'm just TOO TIRED to think of FIVE whole new "real" names (do you have any idea how hard it was to come up with that fourth girl's name??). I am sorely tempted to just use real names. When I'm famous (har-har), the world will know them anyway, right? Any thoughts would be more than welcome.
And last but not least, summer heat has arrived here in Texas, so we officially broke out the snow cone machine (best $19 investment ever). We are known far and wide for our snow cones, and for the, um, interesting combinations of Kool-Aid little people put in our Homemade Snow Cone Syrup:
2 pkgs. unsweetened Kool-Aid
2 cups sugar
1 qt. waterOurs is a bit waterier than some recipes, because I realized no matter how potent (or expensive) or how diluted the syrup, kids will ALWAYS want to fill it up to the top. I'm all about cheap, cool fun!!
On that rambling note, I hope you have a great weekend! I'm sending our middle daughter (9) off to church camp on Sunday, so I'm sure I'll have some good, sappy posts next week!